Start reading from the archives, middle right-side.

Saturday, January 2, 2010

More Later

I felt some inspiration today. So I pulled out one of my acoustic guitars and tried to play the cords to Prince's Reflections. I have no idea why that song, why this particular day... it was just a need. This isn't the first time that I've been bombarded with the sensation, that something is missing and it has everything to do with.... the creative soul. In my mid 20's I was doused with the notion to write, and I did... and I did... and I DID!!!
I want to say, that it was kicked off by one of those boyfriend break-up thingamajigs, it's a bit blurry, so I'm not quite sure. However, I do know that one of the pieces that comes to mind is a poem, Am I Weak?. I must say I do get a kick out of thinking about that little ditty! Because it's all me, the me that I knew, it's the me that I often miss. My family probably will cringe at this, but there is a Prince Tale, that I will share very soon, in a few days. It seems that, that man has always been relevant in my life/story, one way or another. Yes, I am a "fan"... I blasted my pregnant belly with his music to ensure that "we" my son and I, would always have something in common as we both aged. So... is Dee down with Prince? Well, this should answer that. Whenever anyone in my family says "Hey, Dee! Who is Prince?" He answers, without skipping a beat... "The man that should have been my Daddy". Now, after revealing my family's inside "joke", maybe I shouldn't speak of my "lyrical quest". I don't want folks thinking that I'm some "Nutter". Alright, who the hell am I kidding? As if  I really care what others think! Besides honesty prevails... so the basics are; I wrote a song/lyrics... they were for Prince and only Prince... several attempts were made to get them into his wizard like hands... I almost succeeded at a concert... then gave up!!

The Tale in it's entirety in a few days.
**And**
At some point I will post  Am I Weak?
 Disclaimer:
***I DO NOT KNOW PRINCE, HE IS NOT MY SON'S FATHER*** 

** However, a girl can dream!!**... I wrote a poem with that title, guess I'll post that too!!

No comments:

Post a Comment